Updated: 21 February 2022
For the latest information, please visit the ACT Government’s coronavirus website: covid19.act.gov.au
For up-to-date information on workplace health & safety, please visit Work Safe ACT: worksafe.act.gov.au
Please visit Screen Australia to read the COVID-Safe Guidelines for all states.
As per instruction from the ACT Chief Health Officer’s Office, Screen Canberra is pleased to confirm that filming can proceed in the region from Friday, 15 October 2021, providing the production meets the requirements outlined by the ACT Government.
- All density limits that currently apply to restricted businesses and activities will be removed
- There will no longer be a requirement for businesses to display signage for capacity limits
- All productions are still required to have COVID-19 Safety Plan in place.
From 11:59pm Friday 25 February 2022 :
- There will be changes to the current requirements to wear a face mask in indoor spaces, with further details to be announced next week.
- Exemption requirements for all productions will also be removed
- It is also strongly recommended that productions consider implementing their own policies around mask wearing for entry onto their set, particularly where there is extensive interaction with the public.
It is currently recommended that you follow the following suggestions for ‘business’:
- Businesses must meet their work, health and safety obligations.
- One person per two square metres must be applied to any indoor areas of the business which are accessible to the public.
- No density limits apply to outdoor spaces which are accessible to the public.
ENTERING THE ACT
Rules and restrictions, based on travel are identified in the current Public Health (COVID-19 Areas of Concern Notice 2021), and include high risk geographical areas (listed as COVID-19 Affected Areas), COVID-19 places of concern and close and casual exposure locations.
What you are required to do is dependent on your vaccination status and if you have been to an identified high-risk area in the last 14 days or an exposure location in the ACT or any other state or territory.
The current Public Health (COVID-19 Areas of Concern Notice 2021) is updated twice daily, you can find up to date information here.
- High risk geographical areas will continue to be restricted, and exemptions required prior to travel.
- Providing you are NOT entering the ACT from a high-risk geographical area as per the advice listed on the COVID ACT Website;
- Vaccinated travellers can enter the ACT for any reason, without the need to quarantine.
- Unvaccinated travellers can enter the ACT for any reason, without the need to quarantine.
If you are looking to enter the ACT and have been to a high-risk geographical area in the last 14 Days, please refer to the most current information on the COVID-19 ACT Website.
To ensure the health and safety of Screen Canberra staff and stakeholders, Screen Canberra staff are currently continuing to work remotely, and any meetings will be held via video or tele-conference until further notice. If you are planning to visit the Screen Canberra office, please contact Alex, our Locations & Production Manager, in advance to make arrangements at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 2 5104 8986.
Screen Canberra is committed to continuing to work closely with the ACT Government and will regularly update this webpage.
Please continue to check the ACT COVID-19 website for further details.